Friday 22 April 2011

The Death of David Kelly - "He seemed to be relaxed and on top of things"

The quote in the title of this post was made by Donald Anderson, then chairman of the Foreign Affairs Select Committee regarding David Kelly's appearance before the committee on 15th July 2003.

See Body of MoD 'mole' found in Oxfordshire woods.


Donald Anderson, chairman of the Foreign Affairs Select Committee, said: "I was shocked when I heard the news and I am sure the hearts of all the committee go out to his family at this deeply anxious time. The Committee interviewed him on Tuesday and he seemed to be relaxed and on top of things."


The "deeply anxious time" comment is because, on 18th July 2003, a body had been found but not yet identified as David Kelly.

Having watched, several times, the DVD of his appearance at the FAC I would slightly qualify Donald Anderson's comments to "he seemed pretty relaxed and on top of things". At appropriate times David Kelly laughed and was able to make the committee laugh too.

I find wholly incredible the notion that the person I saw in the DVD committed suicide some 48 hours later.

Further, I find it bizarre that Professor Keith Hawton (who has supposedly watched the DVD) can come to the opposite conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment